We are pleased to announce that PES has achieved another milestone in the form of a very successful 12th Annual Endocrine Conference at Serena, from 14th to 16th November, 2014, in the beautiful & capital city of Islamabad. The yardstick of the success was the high number of attendance of participants in the scientific sessions not only on day 1 but till last session on day 3, the feedback of pharma delegates, the highest number of pharma partners who participated by holding stalls and hospitality suites (21 pharma participated while four were regretted) which showed their level of interest in this event of PES and the feedback of participant delegates, speakers , chairs and co-chairs of different scientific sessions. This conference was addressed by 19 national and 7 foreign speakers, 3 from UK, 2 from UAE and 1 from USA and Sri Lanka each. The conference was also attended by delegates from neighboring country Afghanistan while delegates from Nigeria were also interested to attend this conference but couldn’t make it due to visa issues.
- The conference was preceded by press conference by the president and senior executives of PES which was attended by all leading print & electronic media representatives after which a symbolic diabetes awareness walk was done. The walk was attended by members of PES, and members of corporate and non corporate phrama partners. On this occasion, special T shirts and P caps were distributed amongst the participants of walk by our corporate members Hilton & OBS.
- There were three simultaneously run pre-symposium workshops on 1. Management of Diabetic Foot, 2. Osteoporosis: Diagnosis & Management and 3. Workup of Thyroid nodule.
- The conference was formally started with the welcome address of Prof. Dr. AH Aamir, President of PES who briefed the audience about the academic activities of PES followed by plenary session. Day 1 ended by inauguration of pharma exhibition followed by inaugural dinner sponsored by our corporate partner, Sanofi.
- Apart from General Endocrine, Bariatric surgery, Diagnostic endocrinology, and Diabetes sessions, Day 2 was marked by first General assembly of PES which was attended by all categories of members of PES. On this occasion PES logo pens were distributed amongst the members. It was followed by Lifetime achievement award ceremony in the famous picnic spot, Lake view park. The founding lifetime executive member and former president of PES, Prof. Dr. Abdul Jabbar was given this award. On this occasion, certificates of appreciation were given to Prof. Dr. M. Zaman Shaikh, Dr Saeed A Mahar, Dr Ibrar Ahmed, Dr Abbas Raza and Dr Aisha Sheikh for their academic contribution to PES in the year 2014. This was followed by PES Gala Dinner.
- Day 2 of the conference ended with “an Evening with the Legend, “ Omar Sharif” sponsored by our corporate member, Pharmevo.
- Day 3 started with the breakfast executive meeting of PES with the highest number of participant up till now followed by scientific sessions on Pediatric and Reproductive Endocrinology.
- The last session of this memorable conference was free paper session. The president of PES gave away cash prizes for the winner of oral and poster presentation, Dr Shan Elahi and Dr Fahimullah followed by shield distribution to Dr M Husain Afridi and Dr Ashfaq Ali for organizing this conference.
- The conference concluded with the Vote of Thanks by scientific chair, Dr Osama Ishtiaq. Next PES annual conference has been decided to be held in the biggest city of Pakistan, Karachi the exact date of which will be announced later on.