What is Eligible for Submission?
- Abstracts describing original research, clinical trials, or case studies related to the area of endocrinology and Diabetes may be submitted.
- Abstract submissions must be an original contribution and must not have been published in a medical journal yet.
- By submitting your abstract, you agree to present the abstract if it is selected for presentation during a poster presentation at the Pakistan Endocrine Society Conference.
- The abstract limit is 300 words. Count excludes the title, names of authors/coauthors, authors’ affiliations and disclosures.
- Adrenal Disorders, Diabetes Mellitus/Prediabetes, Hypoglycemia, Lipid/Cardiovascular Disorders/ Hypertension, Metabolic Bone Disease, Obesity, Pituitary Disorders/Neuroendocrinology, Reproductive Endocrinology, Thyroid Disease, and Other.
- Titles should be brief, clearly indicating the nature of the presentation.
- Abstract title should be entered as ALL caps and DO NOT put a period at the end of the title.
- Submitting authors will be listed as the primary author on the abstract, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Do not list authors or commercial relationships in the body of the abstract. Please consult with your co-authors on how they would like their names to appear prior to the submission of the abstract.
- Prior to submitting the abstract, please ensure that it is proofread by an individual who speaks fluent English and can make recommendations as needed.
- Do not use new technical words, laboratory slang, words not defined in dictionaries, or abbreviations or terminology not consistent with internationally accepted guidelines. Define any abbreviations the first time they are used. Omit all names and geographical references in the body of the abstract.
Organize content as follows:
- Objective: Background or Statement of Purpose
- Methods: Methods, materials and analytical procedure used
- Results: Summary of the results in sufficient detail to support conclusion
- Discussion: Discuss the content and interpret the data
- Conclusion: Conclusions reached (do not state “results will be discussed”)
- Use standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the first time the full word appears. Do not abbreviate compounds in the title of the abstract. Use numerals to indicate numbers, except when beginning sentences
Abstracts will be reviewed by the PES Abstract Review Subcommittee consisting of two PES Executive members and scored numerically 1 through 10 based on merit and significance to the science and practice of Endocrinology, as well as their creativity and uniqueness.
- After the submission deadline, completed abstracts will be reviewed in a double-blind fashion. “Incomplete” abstracts are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
- All abstracts will be reviewed without knowledge of the author(s), institution(s) or disclosure information.
- Accepted abstracts will be selected as poster presentation during general poster session
- Top five abstracts will be selected and notified for free oral paper presentation on Nov 26, 2017 between 11:25 am and 12:35 pm.
- Top 3 oral paper presentations as judged by the session chairs will be given cash awards of PKR 50,000, 30,000 and 20,000 for 1st. 2nd and 3rd annual recipient’s respectively. The award recipient has to be present at the symposium to receive the award.
- Rest of the accepted abstracts will be entertained for poster presentation.
Scientific committee will notify the primary author of the status of their abstracts via email by no later than Oct 30, 2017. It is the primary author’s responsibility to then notify all co-authors. The submitting/primary author is the only author who will receive notification from the scientific committee.
Five top Abstract will be selected for free oral paper presentation.
- Presenters will have access to the exhibit hall a day before the general poster session to hang their posters
- Once posters have been hung, please leave the exhibit hall until the opening of the hall at 9:45 am.
- Uncollected posters will be discarded.
Poster Specification Requirements
- The backboard panel for each poster presentation board measures 48 inches (4 feet) high and 36 inches (3 feet) wide.
- Posters should be printed horizontally and not exceed the size of the presentation board. 48” x 36”.
Poster Presentation Guidelines
- A copy of the accepted abstract will be made available to attendees in the form of abstract book.
- Text and illustrations must be readable from distances of at least three feet. Use lightweight materials only; heavy articles are difficult to secure.
- Posters may be broken down into several smaller portions, but must not exceed the size of the presentation board.
- Push pins and/or adhesive double tape to mount materials will be available on site.